My poor little man is home sick today. Thanks to a rather yucky fever that started Friday night we will be chilling at home for the day. This is actually the first sick day any of my kids have had this school year. I’d say making it to January before we were infested with the creepy crud (aka: I believe it’s the flu!) is a pretty noble feat!
Even though I’m running around with Clorox wipes and Lysol to make sure he doesn’t infect his sisters there are some advantages to having a sick day. Check out the best parts of a sick day:
- Chicken soup! A big ‘ol pot of homemade soup simmering on the stove to be served with warm bread and butter. That’ll make anybody feel better!
- Ginger Ale! The only time a kid can drink soda with no fussing from mom!
- Movies and TV – fire up Netflix, find yourself a nifty show, and have yourself a marathon!
- Naps! Enough said…
- Being babied! When my kids are sick I feel like they can be babied – and I have no guilt when I do it!
- Warm baths! 15 minutes or an hour – it doesn’t matter…add bubbles and it’s like a sick day party!
- Books! Sick days are a great time to snuggle down in a blanket and read something wonderful…or something trashy!
To make things even more awesome today is a cloudy, dark, rainy day! Perfect for hunkering down with a sick kid!
What are your favorite sick day activities?